CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shrimp --- It's What's for Breakfast

We had a Christmas Party at our office yesterday. About 75 people showed. We had enough food for about three army battalions. That meant plenty of leftovers. I brought home the shrimp platter to refrigerate overnight and then take back today. This morning I thought I'd keep some at home for myself and take the rest of the platter back to the office.

My daughter, who had just rolled out of bed, flew down like a vulture to roadkill.

"What are those?"

"Shrimp."

"Are they good?"

"Yep."

"Can I have one?"

Mother from the other room: "It's 7:30 a.m.! No!"

Me (at about the same time): "Sure."

One went down, then two, then three. Pretty soon she had devoured half a dozen shrimp before 8:00. I was proud.

Then I turned my back for half-a-second. When I turned back the cover was off the plate of summer sausage and she was halfway through a huge chunk. Breakfast of champions.

She's definitely MY daughter.

2 comments:

This is me said...

Yes, she is definitely your daughter.

I never doubted it for a second. :)

Baker and I will stick to cereal, thank you.

Stewarts said...

Maren just wishes she had been there to join her!