CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Peter Piper was a Genius


Pepperoncinis are like little slices of heaven. I'm serious. These pickled peppers taste great, store well and can be added to just about anything. They're not hot and make anything they accompany taste better.

If you're unfamiliar with these, please give them a try. They can be rinsed in cold water if you're adverse to the brine flavor. Try adding them to a sandwich to give it extra flavor and a crisp bite. They can be tossed into a pasta dish to add salt and great color. I personally love them on top of pizza because they provide great balance to the sometimes heavy toppings.

Speaking of balance, you might also try stuffing them with some sort cheese/veggie/herb mixture... Alright, now I'm just making stuff up, but such is the versatility of the pepperoncini. So please, next time you want to try something new, or give your staple dish a twist, throw some pepperoncinis in there. I promise you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Mare said...

It's funny that we are related because I always have them hold the pepperocinis at TOGO's. But, on the other hand I have had a tasty jalepeno stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon. Something to try.

bsucio said...

"Hold the pepperoncinis'?!?!?

Heresy, I tell you...heresy.

What's really sad is that I just about wrote "hearsay" -- way too much bar studying.