CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I haven't been able to "cook" in a couple of months now. Sure, I've made some dinners, but I haven't had the chance to come up with something new or exciting in a while. Finals, a new baby, graduation, and bar study all kind of got in the way of kitchen creation. Now that I'm alone and have been living off of frozen dinners and Lean Pockets (don't, by the way. Just, DON'T), I've been forced to be a little more resourceful if I want a break from a Marie Calendar's chicken pot pie. Besides, it helps use up all the food we had on hand before we move.

Seriously, it's like him:

and her: got together and had some sort of freaky love-child.

Anyway, when I found a package of chicken breasts behind the bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer, it was like a goldmine. I put together a Korean BBQ chicken on the grill and some Asian rice. In the process, I used up the last of the rice and peas. Plus, I made enough so that I have leftovers for tomorrow.

Suck on that, Lean Pockets!!!

2 comments:

This is me said...

Again, I apologize for the Lean Pockets. I guess I misunderstood when you told me to go to the store and buy "Guy Food".

I did get corndogs, though. That should count for something.

Mare said...

"LEAN" POCKETS? What ever happened to the Oregon vacation of "HOT POCKETS"? Trying to get all healthy on us I guess.