CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Bachelor


No, not that one, although I did have a mustache that was just as bad as that one for a short time for a contest.

No, I mean like this:


Now, I have no idea who these guys are, but nothing says "I'm a bachelor" like showing the horns and overflowing garbage cans.

My family has left me for a month while I study for the bar exam. It has its pros and cons. It has been nice to only have the bar to focus on and no other worries. At the same time, after spending 10+ hours at the library, coming home to an empty house (literally empty; my wife packed up the house before she left) is a little depressing. I'm used to coming home to screaming, crying, laughing, and general craziness for over five years. It's a bit lonely.

So last night after being at school for over twelve hours, I decided to pick up some Chinese food on the way home. After thoroughly enjoying my Pork Lo Mein and Potstickers, I bust into my fortune cookie and read this:

"The road to success
is often a lonely one"

That Confucius knew everything, didn't he?


2 comments:

This is me said...

Sorry about your bachelor-hood. You know you secretly love sleeping through the night and not fighting with me over what we watch on TV. (Supernanny, anyone?!)

I am counting down the days....

Mare said...

Pretty soon you are going to be talking to your Chinese Chef.